My name is Adrian S. Erben, I am a german ancient historian and currently employed as a research fellow at the Chair of Ancient History at Bamberg University.
I am particularly interested in the ordering of communities from a local perspective and non-imperial actors. Geographically, I have specialised on the Roman Orient (especially Syria).
In my dissertation, I pursue the question of what role local groups played in ensuring the stability of the local order arrangement in the ancient metropolis of Antioch on the Orontes.
- (2023), Rev. “Patrick Brimioulle (2020), Das Konzil von Konstantinopel 536 (Roma Aeterna. Beiträge zu Spätantike und Frühmittelalter 8), Stuttgart”, Rottenburger Jahrbuch für Kirchengeschichte 41, 326 sq.
- 20.12.2023: Day excursion to the collection of antiquities of Martin von Wagner Museum Würzburg (UnivIS)
- AI and Ancient History (thursday, 0.15–1.45 p.m., U2/00.26, UnivIS)
- Introduction to the Study of History (thursday, 4.15–5.45 p.m., KR 12/00.16, UnivIS)
- Renaissance or restauration? The regency of Julian (thursday, 6.00–7.30 p.m., KR 12/00.16, UnivIS)